O Københavns Domhus e a arquitetura cívica de Copenhaga

📅: 2017-03-26 |  📷: NIKON CORPORATION NIKON D7000
🔆: f/7.1      |  🔍: 21.0 mm
⏱️: 1/200 seg. |  🎚️: 100 ISO

O Tribunal de Copenhaga (Københavns Domhus) ergue-se na praça de Nytorv, no coração histórico da capital dinamarquesa, junto à zona pedonal da célebre Strøget. Projetado pelo arquiteto Christian Frederik Hansen, figura maior do neoclassicismo dinamarquês, o edifício foi construído entre 1803 e 1815 — sendo também indicada a conclusão em 1816 — para funcionar simultaneamente como câmara municipal e tribunal, na sequência do incêndio de 1795, que destruíra a anterior câmara. A escassez de materiais e o bombardeamento britânico de Copenhaga, em 1807, contribuíram para atrasar as obras. A fachada, de rigorosa inspiração clássica, organiza-se em torno de um pórtico monumental de seis colunas jónicas, encimado por frontão triangular. Sobre as colunas lê-se «Med lov skal man land bygge» («Com a lei se há de construir o país»), citação do prólogo da Lei da Jutlândia, promulgada em 1241. De composição sóbria e simétrica, o antigo edifício municipal acolhe, desde 1905, o Tribunal da Cidade de Copenhaga (Københavns Byret).

The Copenhagen Courthouse (Københavns Domhus) stands in Nytorv Square, in the historic heart of the Danish capital, next to the pedestrian zone of the famous Strøget. Designed by architect Christian Frederik Hansen, a leading figure in Danish Neoclassicism, the building was constructed between 1803 and 1815—with completion also noted as 1816—to serve simultaneously as city hall and courthouse, following the fire of 1795 that had destroyed the previous city hall. A shortage of materials and the British bombardment of Copenhagen in 1807 contributed to delays in construction. The façade, strictly classical in style, is organized around a monumental portico of six Ionic columns, topped by a triangular pediment. Above the columns is the inscription “Med lov skal man land bygge” (“With the law shall the country be built”), a quote from the preamble to the Law of Jutland, enacted in 1241. With its sober and symmetrical design, the former city hall has housed the Copenhagen City Court (Københavns Byret) since 1905.

Comentários

Populares